1. Limited Warranty
This warranty shall only apply to Hector Finch Lighting products sold by Hector Finch Lighting in the territory of
Europe (hereinafter referred to as ‘Product’). The warranty is only applicable to the party purchasing the products
directly from Hector Finch Lighting (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Purchaser’). Hector Finch Lighting warrants
that each Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. The foregoing warranty shall be valid for
the period of twelve months from date of purchase. If a Product fails to operate in accordance with this warranty
Hector Finch Lighting will provide a free replacement of the failed Product subject to the applicable warranty policy
and the limited warranty terms and conditions set out below.
2. Terms and Conditions
Hector Finch Lighting warranty applies only to the Purchaser. If any Product covered by this warranty is returned
by the Purchaser in accordance with section 3 and on examination Hector Finch Lighting determines to its
satisfaction that such Product failed to satisfy this warranty, Hector Finch Lighting will, at its discretion, repair or
replace the Product or the defective part thereof, or reimburse the Purchaser the purchase price. For purposes of
clarity, ‘repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof’ does not include any removal or reinstallation
activities, costs or expenses, including (without limitation), labour costs or expenses.
• If Hector Finch Lighting chooses to replace the Product and is not able to do so because it has been discontinued
or is not available, Hector Finch Lighting may refund the purchaser or replace the product with a comparable
product (that can show small deviations in design and product specification as set out in our Terms and
• No agent, distributor or dealer is authorized to change, modify or extend the terms of the warranty on behalf of
Hector Finch Lighting.
• This warranty only applies when the Product has been properly wired and installed by a qualified person and
operated within the electrical values, operating range and environmental conditions. If a Product is found to be
defective, or not performing in accordance with the product specifications, the Purchaser must notify Hector
Finch Lighting in writing within a reasonable time period.
• Hector Finch Lighting will facilitate the technical resolution of problems within the twelve month period of this
warranty. Technical issues arising outside of the valid warranty period will be dealt with at Hector Finch Lighting’s
discretion. Third party products sold by Hector Finch Lighting are not covered under this warranty, except as
indicated in section 5.
• Force Majeure: This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any Acts of God
or from any abuse, misuse, abnormal use or use in violation of any applicable standard, code or instructions for
use, including without limitation, those contained in the latest safety, industry and/or electrical standards for the
• This warranty shall be void in the event any repairs or alterations, not duly authorized by Hector Finch Lighting in
writing, are made to the Product by any person. The manufacturing date of the product has to be clearly legible.
Hector Finch Lighting reserves the right to make the final decision on the validity of any warranty claim.
• If requested by Hector Finch Lighting, the non-conforming or defective Products shall become Hector Finch
Lighting’s property as soon as they have been replaced.
3. Warranty Claims
All warranty periods mentioned are subjected to a Hector Finch Lighting representative having access to the
Product or system for verification of non-compliance. Warranty claims have to be reported and returned to
the Hector Finch Lighting premises within 30 days after discovery, specifying at least the following information
(additional information may be required on request):
• details of the failed Products; and for System warranties also details of other components used;
• installation date and invoice date;
• detailed problem description, number and % of failures date-code of failure;
• application, hours burned and number of switching cycles; Where a warranty claim is justified, Hector Finch
Lighting will pay for freight expenses. Hector Finch Lighting may charge Customer for returned Products that are
not found to be defective or non-conforming together with the freight, testing and handling costs associated
4. No implied or other warranties
• The warranty and remedies contained in this warranty are the only warranties given by Hector Finch Lighting with
respect the Products and are given in lieu of all other warranties, whether express or implied, including without
limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, which warranties are hereby disclaimed.
• These terms and conditions state Hector Finch Lighting’s entire liability and obligation to Purchaser and
Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy in connection with defective or non-conforming Products supplied
by Hector Finch Lighting to Customer, whether or not such damages are based on any warranty not explicitly
mentioned in these terms and conditions, tort, contract or any other legal theory, even if Hector Finch Lighting has
been advised or is aware of such defects.
5. Limitations and conditions
• This is a limited warranty and excludes, among other items, installation, providing access to products (scaffolding,
lifts, etc.), and special, incidental and consequential damages (such as loss of revenue/profits, damage to property
or other miscellaneous costs not previously mentioned), and is further defined by the limitations and conditions
set forth in the respective warranty policy and these terms and conditions.
• Upon request, Hector Finch Lighting’s representatives shall be allowed access to the defective Product, system
or application for verification of non-compliance.
• Hector Finch Lighting cannot be held liable for electrical supply conditions, including supply spikes, over-voltage/
under-voltage and Ripple Current control systems that are beyond the specified limits of the products and those
defined by relevant supply standards (e.g. EN 50160 norms).
• With respect to products sold to the Purchaser by Hector Finch Lighting, but not bearing the Hector Finch
Lighting name or sub-brands, Hector Finch Lighting makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including,
without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, but will make available to
the Purchaser upon request, but only to the extent permitted by law and relevant contracts, the warranties of the
manufacturer of the relevant product.
Cleaning and Maintenance Instructions
Polish the glass with a spray of water and a lint free cloth. Ensure the light is switched off when cleaning and care
must be taken not to pull the flex or allow water to fall on the fitment. Regular dusting with a feather duster will also
help keep the glass clean.
We recommend a light polish with a non-abrasive lint free cloth. Do not use metal cleaning polish on patinated
surfaces as this will damage the finish.
Wipe with a clean damp cloth then dry off with a lint free polishing cloth.
UK Head Office
Unit 7-8 Lower Barns Bussiness Park
Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 4DS
E: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)1584 871600
F: +44 (0)1584 871608